Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

#09 ~ Purple Rice and Shrimp

Bento #09 ~ Purple Rice and Shrimp
Another  healthy complete meal, but the difference now is I used purple rice (I really don't know how to call this, maybe wild rice?). I have here rice, top with egg, shrimp, tofu, cabbage, peas, and cherry tomatoes.


Ifried the egg first in olive oil. In the same pan, I cooked the shrimp and added a little water, seasoned with salt and pepper and set aside after all the water drained. Again, in the same pan, I fried the tofu and added a little sweet soysauce. The peas and cabbage were blanched, sprinkled with olive oil.
Grab a bite :) Enjoy!

Happy Friday!

14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, healthy meal...I love it!!! I have been trying some different rice, like red, black, purple, and bamboo rice. It's so much fun and healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohhh, love the meal!
    would love to grab a bite. literally. lol. ;)
    happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks unique! how come purple?

    ReplyDelete
  4. the food really looks yummy. I bet it smells good too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything in your bento!Looks so oh healthy^_^

    http://ties-bonding.blogspot.com/2011/05/mothers-day-2011.html

    Happy FTF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your bento--such plump shrimps! purple (red) rice is nutritious, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joining for the first timehttp://www.bentolunch.net/search/label/what%27s%20for%20lunch%20wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! healthy meal! how does the purple rice taste? i'm curious :)

    happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The rice is called puto maya here is that sweet? Mine is up and its here Little World of Fun, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is a name on that kind of rice and we used to mixed that to glutenous rice for biko. Your presentation is beautiful!

    Ginataang alimango

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your lunch box!I wonder where could I get that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i agree it is a beautiful lunch box...i want one, my kids will enjoy their food more! anyway, you always have a complete, healthy, and delicious meal. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Purple rice, that's interesting! Lovely presentation of a very healthy meal! Here's my FTF entry: http://www.delightmyappetite.com/2011/05/food-trip-friday-mother%E2%80%99s-day-celebration-at-tokyo-cafe/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2011 @ A Boxed Meal